One of our big goals this year was to return to Honduras for the 5th time. Over the past five years our Fulling Management Team to Honduras has included staff and family members, clients, vendors and friends. During our June 1-9, 2017 trip, our objectives included:
1. Partnering with local medical and dental Honduran professionals to provide medical care in three remote communities.
2. Teaching the children how to prevent foot-borne illnesses and provide them their own pair of The Shoe that Grows.
3. Providing funding and support for local Honduran men to build a new school in San Jose, Honduras.
With assistance from over 150 people around the United States:
- 150+ Honduran children and adults received medical and dental care (some for the first time!).
- We washed several little toes and feet and provided The Shoes that Grows to 100 kids.
- Now 100% funded, the new school building construction in San Jose is well underway and should be ready toward the end of summer.
Part of our activities included hosting a soccer tournament for middle school boys. They traveled by buses from surrounding communities around La Fortunita, Honduras. This provided a great opportunity to build relationship with these young men and introduce them to our host group www.hondurasministries.org.
If you would like to see more photos or read more about the Honduras trip adventures, you can check them out on the Fulling Management Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/FullingMgmt/.
- Rusty Fulling